- Frailty: Syndrome of physiological decline in late life, characterized by marked vulnerability to adverse health outcomes
- Functional status: Ability to perform activities necessary in daily life (ADL)
- Pts should be encouraged to exercise as tolerated, with a low threshold to refer to PT/OT
- Order Vitamin D & B-12 levels
- Vulnerable Elders Scale-13: Identifies community dwelling pts at risk for decline over 5 yrs
- Fried Frailty Tool: Identifies frailty in community dwelling elders (1 -2 = prefrail; > 3 = frail)
- Fatigue: are you Fatigued?
- Resistance: are you unable to climb a flight of stairs?
- Aerobic: are you unbale to walk a block ?
- Illness: Do you have more than 5 illnesses ?
- Loss: Have you lost more than 5% of weight in 6 months?
Using the telephone
Housekeeping & Laundry
Fulfill societal, community and family roles
Participate in recreational tasks