Goals & Objectives
a. Conduct a needs assessment of faculty and leadership at Vanderbilt.
b. Improve awareness of FWC and available resources at Vanderbilt and in the region.
c. To develop, implement and publicize current and new educational programs and training programs for leaders.
d. Increase educational opportunities for students, residents and faculty to promote wellness (healthy coping and lifestyles).
2. To oversee the strategic plan to promote physical, emotional, spiritual and mental wellness.
Charge to the Committee
In September 2008, the committee was charged with the immediate activities of:
- Developing and implementing a suicide awareness message for faculty, physicians and leadership.
- Developing and implementing leadership training opportunities.
- Creating a support network/mentoring system for identifying and referring those in distress.
- Conducting grand rounds on wellness topics.