- The applicant must have completed an approved residency in Dermatology.
- The applicant must be either certified by or eligible for the American Board of Dermatology. If board eligible, must take the board at the first opportunity and obtain board certification.
- The applicant must be eligible for a staff appointment at the VA Medical Center, which includes having a state license to practice medicine.
Fellowship Selection Process
The fellowship program participates in the SF Match. Information about the match and registration material can be found at http://www.sfmatch.org. The application deadline is September 1.
The documents required for the SF Match Application include:
- SF Match Fellowship Application Information Sheet
- SF Match Fellowship Program Application
- At least three letters of recommendation including letters from your residency program director and the director of dermatologic surgery at your institution
- Medical school transcript and Dean's letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of any board certifications and provision of the board scores requested on the application
- A personal statement
- An e-mail address which the applicant checks regularly