- The applicant must have completed an approved residency in Dermatology.
- The applicant must be either certified by or eligible for the American Board of Dermatology. If board eligible, must take the board at the first opportunity and obtain board certification.
- The applicant must be eligible for a staff appointment at the VA Medical Center, which includes having a state license to practice medicine.
Fellowship Selection Process
The fellowship program participates in the SF Match. Information about the match and registration material can be found at http://www.sfmatch.org. The application deadline is September 1.
The documents required for the SF Match Application include:
- SF Match Fellowship Application Information Sheet
- SF Match Fellowship Program Application
- At least three letters of recommendation including letters from your residency program director and the director of dermatologic surgery at your institution
- Medical school transcript and Dean's letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of any board certifications and provision of the board scores requested on the application
- A personal statement
- An e-mail address which the applicant checks regularly
Interviews will be conducted in October and November. Invited applicants will interview for one or two days with the opportunity to observe surgery, see the facility and clinic operation, and meet with the Mohs faculty.