Inga Saknite, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
* Spectral imaging, multiphoton microscopy and reflectance confocal microscopy of human skin
Inga Saknite received a PhD in Physics from the University of Latvia in 2016. From 2016 to 2017, she was a Fulbright Scholar at the Beckman Laser Institute of the University of California Irvine. Her research experience includes spectral imaging, multi
- Lin J, Saknite I, Valdebran M, Balu M, Lentsch G, Williams JN, Koenig K, Tromberg BJ, Atanaskova Mesinkovska N. Feature characterization of scarring and non‐scarring types of alopecia by multiphoton microscopy. Lasers in surgery and medicine. Sep 24, 2018 (Cover article). PMID: 30248187
- Tkaczyk, ER, Chen, F, Wang, J, Gandelman, JS, Saknite, I, Dellalana, LE, Jagasia, MH and Dawant, BM. Overcoming human disagreement assessing erythematous lesion severity on 3D photos of chronic graft-versus-host disease, Bone marrow transplantation, p.1, 2018. PMID: 29740182
- Saknite, I, Zavorins, A, Zablocka, I, Kisis, J, Spigulis, J. Comparison of a near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy system and skin conductance measurements for in vivo estimation of skin hydration: a clinical study. Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 3(1), 2017.
- Tamosiunas, M, Kadikis, R, Saknite, I, Baltusnikas, J, Kilikevicius, A, Lihachev, A, Petrovska, R, Jakovels, D, Satkauskas, S. Noninvasive optical diagnostics of enhanced green fluorescent protein expression in skeletal muscle for comparison of electroporation and sonoporation efficiencies. J Biomed Opt. 21(4):045003, 2016. PMID: 27129126
- Saknite, I, Zavorins, A, Jakovels, D, Spigulis, J, Kisis, J. Comparison of single-spot technique and RGB imaging for erythema index estimation. Physiol Meas. 37(3):333, 2016.
- Saknite, I, Byrne, M, Tkaczyk, ER, “Leukocyte dynamics in human skin capillaries by noninvasive reflectance confocal microscopy,” Beckman Laser Institute, Irvine CA, February 8, 2019.
Recent conference presentations
- Saknite I, Byrne M, Jagasia M, Tkaczyk ER, “Leukocyte dynamics in cutaneous acute graft-versus-host disease by noninvasive laser confocal video microscopy: a cross-sectional pilot study,” oral presentation paper 10885-13 in Optical Diagnostics and Sensing XIX: Toward Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Photonics West BiOS, San Francisco CA, February 2-7, 2019.
- Saknite I, Byrne M, Tkaczyk ER, “Characterization of individual cell motion in human skin capillaries by noninvasive reflectance confocal video microscopy,” oral presentation paper 10877-11 in Dynamics and Fluctuations in Biomedical Photonics XVI, Photonics West BiOS, San Francisco CA, February 2-7, 2019.