- Drs. Linton (Lead), Davies, Vickers and Kon received an NIH Research Project Program Grant from the NIH
- Dr. Allen's abstract was selected to present a talk at the AHA Scientific Sessions Conference
- Drs. Vickers, Linton, Allen and Sheng received the W.M. Keck Medical Award. Check out the VUMC Reporter article here.
- Dr. Allen received the AHA Career Development Award
- Dr. Vickers received a Travel Award for Best Abstract at the Japanese Atherosclerosis Society, Kyoto, Japan
- Dr. Wiese defended her Dissertation
- Dr. Allen received the AHA Innovative Project Award
- Dr. Sedgeman defended her Dissertation
- Dr. Michell received a Travel Award to present at the AHA ATVB Conference, San Francisco, CA
- Mrs. Sedgeman (Roteta) received a Travel Award to present her research at the Kern Lipid Conference
- Ms. Wiese won the Junior Investigator Award for Women at the AHA ATVB 2017 Scientific Sessions
- Ms. Wiese won 2nd place for outstanding graduate student poster presentation at the Gill Heart Institute Cardiovascular Research Day.
- Dr. Michell received a Travel Award from the Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, Univ. of Kentucky
- Dr. Allen received the Francis R. Simon Poster Award for his presentation at the Kern Lipid Conference .
- Dr. Michell was awarded a postdoctoral fellowship from the American Heart Association.
- Dr. Michell and Ms. Roteta's abstracts were selected to present at the South East Lipid Research Conference
- Ms. Roteta was awarded a predoctoral fellowship from the American Heart Association.
- Dr. Allen was awarded a postdoctoral fellowship from the American Heart Association.
- Dr. Michell received a travel award to present her research at the Kern Lipid Conference
- Ms. Roteta received a travel award to present her research at the International Mammalian Genome Conference in Bar Harbor, ME.
- Dr. Allen won an Early Career Investigator Award of Excellence at the 2014 Kern Lipid Conference for his poster "Evolving Concepts of HDL Function in Cardiometabolic Diseases and Beyond".
- Dr. Vickers won the David L. Williams Lectureship and Award at the Kern Lipid Conference.
- Ms. Wiese received a Young Investigator Travel Award to attend and present research at the Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 2014 Scientific Sessions in Toronto, Ontario.
Ms. Wiese was awarded a NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
Dr. Allen was awarded a place on a T32 Training Grant: Renal Biology and Disease Training Program
- Ms. Roteta and Ms. Wiese were both awarded spots on two T32 Training Grants: Training in Cardiovascular Research Program directed by Dr. Doug Sawyer and Immunobiology of Blood and Vascular Systems Training Program directed by Dr. Jacek Hawiger.
- Ms. Toth received a Young Investigator Travel Award to attend and present research at the Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 2013 Scientific Sessions in Orlando, FL.
- Dr. Vickers was a finalist for the Irvine H. Page Young Investigator Research Award at the Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 2013 Scientific Sessions.
- Ms. Wiese won a student research poster award for her poster presentation at the 5th Annual Cardiovascular Research Day at Vanderbilt University.