Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanderbilt University and the Vanderbilt Genetics Institute are all committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This page assembles resources relating to these important topics.
- Health Equity Resources - a toolkit through the Office of Health Equity
- Podcast on Race and Ancestry by Alumni Janina Jeff
Anti-Racism in Human Genetics Special Seminar Series, past topics include:
- "Perpetuating harm: The study of White supremacy from eugenics to modern genomics" by Lea Davis
- "Exploring the reality of human genetic variation: transdisciplinary approaches to race and ancestry in genetics" by Jada Benn-Torres and Melinda Aldrich. See related article here
- "Race, race variables, and racism in medicine" by Sophia Kostelanetz
- "Racial disparities in genetic counseling and genetic medicine practice" by Kelly Taylor