The Vanderbilt Center for Professional Health (CPH) was established in 1998. Our mission is to provide education and training to physicians and other healthcare professionals and to promote professionalism and professional health and wellness.
Our core values are to promote professionalism and the professional health and wellness of faculty members and to provide services and resources to healthcare providers and institutions.
Our purpose is to:
- Promote professionalism and professional health and wellness.
- Provide professional development courses within professionalism.
- Collaborate with regulatory boards, Physician Health Programs (PHP), academic health centers, and other community resources to support our common missions.
- Disseminate results and outcomes nationally and internationally.
- Conduct research and contribute to the body of evidence related to professionalism and professional health and wellness, as well as, measure outcomes and effectiveness of courses, materials/tools and professional behaviors.
Promoting Professionalism & Healthy Relationships
- Charlene M. Dewey, MD, MEd, MACP: Director, CPH and Chair, Faculty Wellness Committee
- Caroline Post Cone, M.S.N.: APRN, PMHCNS, BC: Course Director, CPH
- Eppiphanie Richardson, Program Manager
- Donna Dunlap, Lead Administrative Assistant
The Center offers three CME approved, professional development programs (listed below) along with a variety of educational training activities ranging from basic lectures to workshops to full-day retreats. Topics include professionalism and professional health and wellness for students, resident, physicians, and scientists.
- Maintaining Proper Boundaries
- Prescribing Controlled Drugs
- Program for Distressed Physicians
Americans with Disabilities Act
It is the policy of Vanderbilt School of Medicine and the Center for Professional Health not to discriminate against any person on the basis of disabilities. If you feel you need services or auxiliary aids mentioned in this act in order to fully participate in this continuing education activity, please call the Center for Professional Health @ 615-936-0678.