Welcome to the Vanderbilt Center for Asthma Research, a group of physicians, scientists, and scholars with a vast depth and breadth of knowledge who are committed to understanding and preventing the most common respiratory diseases affecting both children and adults, asthma and allergies.
On behalf of our Center's physicians, scientists, nurses, and staff who are dedicated to improving the health and lives of people worldwide, we thank you for your interest in our work, your devotion to our studies if you are or have been a study participant, or in considering joining our team. Your support is vital to our mission.
– Tina Hartert, MD, MPH
Center for Asthma Research
Dry Lab & Office Space (MCN, WEA, VASAP)
MCN Wet Lab Space
Biospecimens Processed Annually
- Nationally and internationally recognized research program
- Over $10M in Direct Cost research funding
- Broad translational research: public health, epidemiology, clinical trials, basic research, animal models, cell systems, systems biology, methods development
- Advanced statistical methodologies: administrative data, EMR data, high-dimensional data
- Strong collaborations across departments and divisions, as well as with clinical and external collaborators
- Unique research resources and infrastructure with basic science to epidemiology
- Broad representation and service
Patient Care at Vanderbilt
Nationally and regionally recognized clinical program of excellence
New severe asthma clinic in pediatrics
Our major emphasis is training the next generation of asthma/allergic disease investigators and clinicians.
Current trainee awards:
- 4 K-awardees
- 2 T32
- 3 OIF awards
- 1 K to independent funding
- 1 T32 to K transition
- 1 F to K99/00
- Junior investigators have won numerous awards
Our fellows and faculty support each other with weekly conferences, journal clubs, research talks, and clinical service teaching.